CULTURAL ECOLOGY: INSPIRATIONS – INTERPRETATIONS – PERSPECTIVES
May 19th, 2016 (Thursday)
We take great pleasure in inviting you to the international conference on Cultural Ecology: Inspirations – Interpretations – Perspectives. The event will be held in the Conference Center of the Faculty of Ethnology and Educational Science at the University of Silesia, ul. Bielska 62, Cieszyn. The event will take place as a summary of the project entitled: Cultural Ecology- a specialty on the Faculty of Ethnology, postgraduate studies, realized in the years of 2015-2016 from the European Economic Area Financial Mechanism EEA and the Norwegian Financial Mechanism funds.
The conference will be dedicated to theoretical considerations on issues concerning areas of interest covering for example: Ethnology, Cultural Anthropology and Ecology, which will be included in a few suggested threads and specific thematic areas:
- Concepts and methods of cultural ecology: interactions between a human and the natural environment in terms of various social, humanistic, pedagogical and environmental sciences.
- Ecology in pedagogical actions- signalizing correct ecological attitudes and shaping the child’s personality in line with natural environment.. Ecology – society – culture: the expressions of cultural behaviors resulting from specific environmental preconditions.
- Ecology – art – tourism: the examples of proper practices inspired by culture – nature connection.
- Urban, industrial and post-industrial spaces: the examples of regenerative and ecological operations.
- Nature and cultural heritage in creative industry (design, fashion, advertisement, computer games, craft) - artistic activity and entrepreneurship inspired by nature, designing green urban spaces, etc.
Speeches performed by the representatives of different fields of studies, within which an interaction between a human and the natural environment is researched, will broaden knowledge of this field and enable to work on new research perspectives. The discussion between the representatives of particular fields of studies will enable to set common areas of interest and will inspire to establish close cooperation.
Not only ethnologists and cultural anthropologists are welcomed to join the conference. We will be happy to host sociologists, culture experts, pedagogues, philosophers, ecologists, geographers, botanists, urban and rural activists, and everyone else who in any way in his/her professional work or social and cultural activity is related to broadly defined cultural ecology.
The conference will be accompanied by the summary of the project entitled: Cultural Ecology- a specialty on the faculty of Ethnology, postgraduate studies. The project group will present the results of carried research, including scientific monograph dedicated to cultural ecology aspects.
The conference is free of charge. Participants will be provided with catering and conference materials.
Abstracts will be accepted until March 20th, 2016. The offers delivered after the deadline, will be considered only if the number of participants allows for that. The acceptance of the speech depends on the quality of the conveyed proposition and on the assessment of the Conference Academic Committee. The best papers will be published in a separate awarded publishing house (8 points) – a scientific year-book “Ethnology and Anthropology Studies” (vol. 17/2007) www.seia.us.edu.pl
We look forward to welcome you!
March 20th, 2016 – deadline for sending the abstracts to: email@example.com
March 31st, 2016– acceptance of the paper subject
June 30th, 2016– deadline for submitting complete papers
For more information, visit our website:www.ecoetno.us.edu.pl
Scientific and Organizing Committee
Prof. dr hab. Halina Rusek
Prof. dr hab. Zenon Gajdzica
Katarína Slobodová Nováková PhD
Dr hab. Maciej Kurcz
Kinga Czerwińska PhD
Katarzyna Marcol PhD
Magdalena Szalbot PhD
Anna Drożdż PhD